AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
Labour Friends for Kashmir has been established with the following aims and objectives:
- To promote an understanding and appreciation amongst Labour representatives and members about the political and humanitarian issues facing the people of Jammu and Kashmir.
- To ensure the Labour Party and its representative play a proactive and constructive role in securing long term peace and prosperity in Jammu and Kashmir by supporting the right to self-determination, as mandated by the United Nations and international law.
- To call for an end to the military occupation of the region, which currently exists as the world’s most militarised region.
- To promote positive relations and strong international partnerships between representatives from the United Kingdom and Kashmiri’s on both sides of the Line of Control.
- To maximise electoral support for the Labour Party amongst the Kashmiri community in the UK and campaign for the election for a Labour government.
- To campaign for reflective governance at local, regional, and national levels by increasing the number of Kashmiri’s elected at all levels within the Labour Party, with a particular focus on females and young Kashmiris.